Samstag, 8. März 2014

Holy Moly - too busy to blog...

Half a year since my last post? That's impossible! Well, I have been rather busy at work, but I have also been busy in my sewing room. Here are some of my latest products:

Apart from working on my art quilt project with my guild, of which I can't show anything yet, because we'll have a big reveal at the Frankfurt Städel musum later this year, I was busy working on several small projects as well.

Last fall, I finally tackled the cartonnage decoupage Victorian sewing kit that was given to me years ago and for which I never had the guts to approach it. I chose different fabrics than the ones it came with, which I think was a good idea. These antiqusy-looking sewing fabrics are so much cuter than the drab green and Klimt-like modern fabric... It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun and it is quite a decorative pice for handsewing projects and travel to guild meetings.


 Then I added an iPad to my plethora of office gadgets. It, the cables, stand, and keyboard also needed bags, of course. I scratched together the last remnants of my office fabric and made these:
I can carry both or just the iPad on an adjustable shoulder strap, very sturdy, and very safe...
Here is the keyboard
 and on the back side, the cables and stand pockets.

 I made some mug cozies for my office mates for Christmas.

And this spring, I made another Pippi Longstocking apron for myself. I just loved the big polka dots from IKEA...

This morning, I finished another quick project. My kitchen was renovated this winter. I love my old kitchen table that has been with me for about 25 years alrady and is from about 1900. However, the top does not look so good any longer. Several leaks and spills have stained it in the last year, so that I had to come up with a solution to several problems: add color to my white, wood and grey kitchen, cover the table top, and make it safe against future spills. The solution was an unused glass table top we had sitting here unused. I made a quick quilt in bright colors, the size the same as the table top.


Then the glass was put on top. Now, even if something spills, I can simply wipe it off, neither the table, nor the quilt suffer, but I have a friendly splash of color in my kichen!

So, what do you think?
Greetings from the Rhine,
Britta

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen