Samstag, 17. August 2013

Wowzer, time flies...

Okay, I have not blogged in quite a while. But that's not due to laziness, but because I have been quite busy. I started a second job doing translations in February, which needed some adjusting to and in June, my university position was altered and I work more there as well. However, I have been sewing all the while. Here are a few of my exploits...
I added a bag for my cell phone...

and I made a denim shoulder bag for my mom's birthday...
 It has a nifty zipper on each side, which, unzipped, reveals a pretty inlay and adds more room for shopping.

I also tried out a cute pattern I found on Pinterest. Think, I'll turn it into a long vertical wallhanging. The inspiration came from: http://wonderwomancreations.blogspot.de/2009/08/quilt-show-in-springville.html
I made a number of smaller projects... such as bibs for a friend's newborn,


 mitts for the oven,
 a small bag for a friend,
 a heart cushion for another friend, who thankfully is recuperating from breast surgery,
 a three-dimensional wallhanging for the office with hand-dyed fabrics

and alterations to a boring black tunic...
These past two weeks I was finally on vacation, and I got to go to the Black Forest for my favorite yearly quilt retreat with friends. Among other things, I was able to make

a couple of smaller bags. Also, a friend gave me the pattern for comfy slippers and some Decofil/Decovil? to use for the sole. At home, I recycled old jeans to make these slippers which today will get some rubber anti-slip dots on their soles...
 Also, yesterday, I experimented with a technique which we might use for a arts project I've been working on with friends for a while. More about that when we're done. I don't want to spoil anyone's fun. Only so much for now: a group of eight got together and made a trip to the Städel Museum in Frankfurt. Each chose a picture. Then we formed to groups of four each and every group makes four quilts for the other group. So, in the end, each of us will have an art quilt based on a favorite pieve of fine art... Can't wait to see the results. Anyway, this was my experiment:
So much for now. Hope you enjoyed my past projects!
Greetings from the Rhine!
Britta

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hallo Britta,
    die Verlinkung zu den Quilt-Sternen hat schon funktioniert, ich habe reingeschaut und viele wunderschöne Sachen gesehen.
    Viele Grüße
    Sabine

    AntwortenLöschen