Samstag, 1. Dezember 2012

at long last...

Finally, I finished quilting my colorful quilt on my group's longarm machine, after giving up twice (!) to quilt it on my Bernina. It was just too large to get quilt swirls by maneuvring it underneath the machine. So, a couple of weeks ago I yanked it to my friend's, where we have permanently set up the machine, and began quilting meandering swirls. This week, I managed to finish the quilting. I think it looks fabulously. Now, I need to square it up and think of a good binding...

In addition to the swirly design in the middle, I quilted a feather design into the border. Boy, am I glad that the thread matches the paisley design of the fabric... This, I definitely have to practice in a smaller piece soon. It was fun and looks really good - from afar that is. It won't hold up to the quilt police or show judges... but that's fine, it is a first attempt and only my second quilt done on the longarm...


So, now I hope that some Christmas sewing can be done...
Greetings from the Rhine...
Britta

1 Kommentar:

  1. The colours are amazing. You must be really happy with this quilt!

    AntwortenLöschen