Dienstag, 12. Juni 2012

Bags, Bags, Bags...

Okay, here are the various bags I made lately. This one was made using the pattern and materials (Benartex fabrics and Thermolam filling) provided by Kelkheim quilt store "Stoffwerk":



Although I do like it a lot, I felt that it was a little too soft and lacked a little stiffness, so I made another for my myself, which I then gave to my mother as a gift. So, I had to make yet another again for myself, because I like it so much. This one uses Philip Jacobs fabric and was filled with a LIDL AquaPur Bodentuch (yes, a supermarket floorcloth!), which I quilted before assemby... I also added a few practical and aesthetic embellishments:


Encouraged by these little successes, I then went ahead and finally made a purse I wanted to make for years. The pattern is called "College Bag" and it is from Quilterscorner in Wegberg-Arsbeck. The materials are Marcus fabrics and it, too, is lined with floorcloth and quilted to provide extra stiffness:


Wow, I'm in sewing mode now. What will come next?!

Greetings from the Rhine,
Britta

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen