Mittwoch, 7. März 2012

Models of the Year - my quilts...

My goodness - has it really been more than two months since I got around to posting? Tragic but alas - what's a working girl got to do? I am mostly busy correcting student papers these days, however, I also find a little time here and there to progress quilting.

However, today's post is about something else entirely. My university launched a  project as part of an "excellence initiative" in the course of which it will be decided whether it will be uplifted to the status of "excellence university" this year. The project I was asked to contribute to was a series of posters of roundabout 50 university representatives (from a kindergarten kid up to the professorial range) to show them with their extracurricular interests to show the diversity of hobbies and motivations that keep people going outside from their academic or administrative work. So, in December, I met with a professional photographer, the wonderful and funny Thomas Hartmann, and we spent two hours and made countless pictures of me and my quilts. Other staff members were represented with books they read, fish they like to fish, instruments they play, their dogs and so forth. Here are three of my pictures...


Three works in progress... The fake Cathedral Windows quilt which still needs a lot more fake cathedral windows; the - what is it? - bricks quilt (?) which I am currently machine quilting; and the Civil War Bride Quilt, which I am about to prepare the border for appliquéing soon...

Greetings from the Rhine,
Britta

Kommentare:

  1. Britta, the photos are just great, you and your quilts are beautiful.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. This is my first visit here and I have really enjoyed checking out all your pretties. Your blog is wonderful and your work is great. Thank you for sharing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love your photos! When I finish a quilt project I feel like I want to drape it around myself and preen. If I could just borrow that photographer of yours I think I would do just that.

    AntwortenLöschen