Mittwoch, 16. März 2011

I've done it again...

Despite better knowledge, I have done it again: I have started another quick quilt project. This is a fast, quilt as you go Cathedral Windows quilt....
I first cut 6'' circles and 4'' squares of fusible batting. The circles are sewn once around; then I iron them, iron-fuse the batting to the center of cathedral side and make a 2,5'' incision on one side melon next to the batting. Then the circle is turned carefully and ironed flat. In the next step, I draw pencil or chalk lines of a 4'' square alingning with the incision. This way, I know that the sewing lines align with the batting that is now inside the circles.

The next step is to sew a chain of circles together along the lines, to iron the melons down and to sew them down. Next, two chains are sewn together in like manner.... On the back, the squares will show
and on the front, the windows...

 My quilt police seems to like it....

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen